Monday 18 June 2012

The life of a cowboy



When creating my main character for my film I opted to choose a style and direction I wasn't known for. I wanted to keep it a cartoon, but not super exaggerated. At the time of brainstorming, I was heavily inspired by the video game "Red Dead Redemption", and so I came to create a western setting. In conceptualizing my cowboy, I looked up celebrities, actors, video game characters, etc.

Eventually I came across a couple of images and started sketching faces.




 I was debating on whether he should be thick or thin, tall or small, old or young, heck I was even thinking of creating 2 cowboys having some sort of standoff (However, no guns were allowed) but in the end it didn't take long before I drew the cowboy I wanted.








I came incredibly close to making his hair white/gray, you know.. make him old and legendary. But in building his personality I thought making him a bit younger would've been more convincing.

Next post will be the 3D Building foundation of the Cowboy! Oh, and here are my reference images I found using Google Images to help inspire my cowboy.



Hulk Hogan and Red Harlow
 
 

No comments: